RE: (ET) Other Batteries?

Wow.  Interesting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Bailey [mailto:a636ccr semovm semo edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 2:52 PM
To: lelie mail ford com
Cc: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Other Batteries?

;Well Larry, you know that the E8's came with 3 12V batteries. I've
;heard of people converting these to 6-6V's, however I hadn't heard of
;going the other direction. Shouldn't be a problem though.

The Elec-Trak Home Owner's Service Manuel open in front of me shows (6) 6V
motors on p. 2-25.  After reading your note, I look at the E-8A on p.
2-33,
and sure enough, it shows (3) 12V batteries.  What type or series, I have
no idea.

;One question, where are you getting these extra elec-traks at? You
;must live in an area where they were sold new? As it took me quite
;some time to find my WheelHorse C-185 (equiv. to E-20) and I haven't
;found many others in a reasonable driving distance for spares or
;parts. I would like to find a affordable E-8 thru E-15 for a spare
;mower.

Current count, (1) E-12, repainted, works great.  (2) E-15's both claim to
be working, but look rough.  Both decks are rusted.  (1) E-12, rusted
badly
under the seat.  Parts machine.  (1) E-10M, looks good, no deck.  (1)
snow-blower,
rough, (1) sickle-bar mower, more goodies to pick up.

BTW, anyone know a good source for seat-cushions that fit?  Every one of
the

above has a crack or tear in the cushion.

;My wife and kids all take mine for spins (sometimes they even do some
;mowing,heheeh) around our farm. They do just fine, plus with the 6
;batteries vs. 3 they have a little longer cruising range.
;Tony

That's the plan.  They've been doing it on my E-12 for the last couple of
years,
but it's big, heavy and bounces a lot with the deck on it.

Larry Elie