Re: (ET) E12M pulling high(ish) current

Your Message:
On level ground in top gear I'm running well up
>in the yellow and hit the red zone if there is any slope at all.
>Bruce Conner
>

>From Lee:
Just an idea.  How many positions does the hand throttle have?

If four, then I don't have the answer.
If seven, then maybe this is the problem:

It took me awhile to get used to the throttle positions.

The first three bypass Armature winding resisters which allow the motor to
increase both speed and power.  The last three kick in Field winding
resisters with increases speed but decreases power. The most efficient
'speed' is in the fourth position.  The 7th position on my tractor puts the
needle in the yellow on any kind of incline at all and quickly into the red
as the slope increases.