Re: (ET) Suggestions Wanted for Elec-Trak Web Site

Hi David, you wrote:
> I am a relatively new member of the Elec-Trak community. <snip>
Welcome to the group.

> While there is valuable Elec-Trak information on the internet, it tends to
> be scattered and limited in scope. Wouldn't it be nice to find it all in
> one place? That's why I've decided to build a web site (shrine) dedicated
> to the almighty Elec-Trak. Here are my ideas so far...
<big snip>
I think most of your ideas are good. History, photos, FAQs. As for troubleshooting, compile what you can find in the archives and what appears here in the future. These are things I thought I would do someday on my site or might appear on Walt's site. By all means, set up your own and go for it. I will happily add a link from mine to yours. I think you should expand beyond the pure Elec- Traks to include the John Deere's, the New Ideas, the Wheel Horses etc, and even individual conversions. That is one thing I still want to do, is post instructions and guidelines on how to convert common lawn tractors to electric power.

Here are some questions that I have about the Elec-Trak mailing list...
#1. When was it created? Hmm, looks like March '98 is the oldest Elec-Trak mailing list post I have in my archives.
#2. Who started it? I have to take some of the blame for that. I started a personal distribution list for some people I knew with an interest in these beasts. Ken Olum provided us with a better mechanism courtesy of Tufts.
#3. Who maintains it now? Ken is our sponsor at Tufts.
#4. Where does it reside? Tufts.
#5. How many people subscribe to it? I don't know. Ken?
#6. Is there a way to obtain communications dating back to #1? Answered in a previous post.
#7. Who guarantees that the Elec-Trak mailing list will continue? You want guarantees in life? Another one for Ken.
#8. How is it paid for? Presumably by the good graces of the administration at Tufts and personal favours traded by Ken.

Incidentally, my site is at
http://www.igs.net/~darrylmcmahon/evtools.htm#tractors

Dave, if you have the time, energy and computer resources to take this on, go for it. You certainly have my blessing, for whatever that is worth.

As for those tracking my lack of progress on my E-12, no, it still is not running. However, the Auranthetic electric motorcycle is now operational, registered, plated, insured and went out on its maiden voyage under my control today. However, once I have retrieved the Porsche engine (tomorrow) that belongs to my Year 2000 conversion project ('74 Porsche 914), and tidy up the last details of our recent EVCO Electrathon (June 5), there should be time and floor space in the garage to get back to the tractor.

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
 It's your planet.      Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 If you won't look      Voice: (613)828-0805
 after it, who will?    Fax:   (613)828-3199
                        http://www.igs.net/~darrylmcmahon