Re: (ET) Suggestions Wanted for Elec-Trak Web Site

This mailing list is surely the best current forum for troubleshooting
help.  The willingness of people to take time to type in an answer is
remarkable and much appreciated.  So I don't know that you need something
like that.

On the other hand, I think most of the other ideas are great.  Maybe you
could get everyone who has sales brochures, unusual documentation, or
what have you, to scan it in or let you borrow it long enough to scan.

I'd like to see copies of all the attachment instruction books and
service manuals available on line.  Also, I know that there exist a few
copies of some highly detailed service manuals for the ET which were
available only to dealers. You'd need a horrendous amount of web space to
post scanned copies of these thick books, but it sure is nice to dream
about.

As for the history, I think Bill Gunn at Tech Service knows as much as
anybody.  Maybe you could interview him.

I'd love to see what others' tractors look like.  However, my ET isn't
very photogenic.  I deliberately didn't pretty it up because this way I
don't feel bad when I scratch it a little more.

I don't beat on it, but I don't baby it, either.  It's a working tractor.
 It mows the lawn, cuts the weeds in our back field, plows the driveway
in the winter, levels out uneven ground, and pulls my yard wagon up the
hill loaded with tools or dirt or bricks.  I wish I had the rototiller to
make our garden tilling easier -- maybe some day.