(ET) E-15 reverse speed problems

In theory, a E-15 has three reverse speeds, but in fact both of the
ones that I have had had only two speeds working.  As you moved the
throttle back you got a click, but no motion, then one speed, then a
second, and that was it.  This made me think that speed 1 was missing
and I was getting only speeds 2 and 3.  This was mistaken.  In fact
the first click is the actuation of an unused switch which is there
only because the E-12 and E-15 use the same throttle control.  The
first speed I was getting was speed 1, and the second was speed 2,and
I didn't get speed 3 because there was enough play in the throttle
that switch A2, which gives you speed 3, was never closing.  I ground
out a slightly larger opening for the throttle lever so that I can
move it enough to get speed 3, and I removed the unused microswitch so
that there are no extra clicks before the first speed.

                                Ken