Re: (ET) Mulching

While I don't normally mulch with my rear discharge E-15, I have noticed that does a great job of mulching when I am going backwards. (I have one narrow strip that I can't turn around in). I have thick grass and I have my doubts about the double blade set up working very well. I know its not the same but I have tried recutting areas 3 times without much luck of turning it to fine mulch. In any case, no matter what method you choose to mulch, you are putting alot of strain on the motors. The blades and motors were designed to cut grass by using the least amount of energy possible. The blades are thin and have a minimal twist to keep that energy wasting vacuum to a minimum. With that in mind I would think that motors would be too light duty to handle that strain day after day. But if you must mulch, how about this... With the front mounted mower, it looks like it would be fairly easy to mount the deck backwards on the front of your tractor by reversing the mounts and lengthening the power cord. Eventually you may want to configure some casters on the new front, but I would try it with the minimum amount of modifications to make sure you have enough range for your type and size of lawn.
Dean