[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: parallel packs?
- Subject: Re: parallel packs?
- From: Ken Olum <kdo cosmos5 phy tufts edu>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:25:50 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <199901030215.VAA11964@aldhfn.aldhfn.org> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
I would be careful about paralleling poorly matched battery
packs. With a mismatch, you can have one pack drained before the
other. Usually it will be the weakest cell which goes first.
No, battery packs which are more fully charged will have a higher
voltage under load, so the power will come from the charged battery
pack rather than the uncharged one. You can only have a problem with
over-discharge if different batteries are in series.