[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: In response to "Re: Tractor"
- Subject: Re: In response to "Re: Tractor"
- From: Bill <wgunn inwave com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:53:35 -0500
- References: <199808271440.KAA29719@mailfw2.ford.com>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
The response that I give to most people that complain about the price of
parts is this; if you purchase a 1978 Chevrolet for 150.00 and decide
that a new engine is needed does the age of the vehicle have any thing
to do with the cost of an engine in 1998 ? Of course not, the cost of
producing a part today has nothing to do with when the unit was
originally manufactured. Most people that call are usually elated to
find that all parts are still available considering the 25 years that
have elapsed and that Wheel Horse obsoleted so many of the fast moving
parts as they ran out of stock. Bill.