Re: More money questions

Laura brought this topic up for discussion at the last practice. This would
be the first time in over 35 years the paper subscription would stop. For
me, I think it is nice to have a paper copy to have in the room but also to
show guests and visitors.

My first concern is if we are able to afford it moving forward. I would be
interested to learn what is our average revenue per year (in dollars) so we
can project onwards. This year, there has been no weddings so far which I
think I was told is a first. With the surplus of savings at time, I think
it is fine for now.

In the effort of digitalizing and less material, I would advocate if we can
semi-publicly show a reference link (like a QR code) to the rolling
publication where it is posted in each ringing chamber. However, I learned
to my surprise that the online publication is only readable for 1 week
after reading. So this wouldn't work.

Since the magazine lives only at Old North and select ringers ring only at
Advent, I wonder if we alternate the location of the material to Advent
every month, make the reading material more valuable to the guild.

Wrote this email to share some thoughts and hopefully get some ideas
pondering for the future.

Joseph