Re: [m-hb] MIT Guild cancellation Fwd: Update: COVID-19 & Student Organizations

Thank you, all, and Dale please keep us updated with any guidance passed
along by either church.

For this Saturday and Sunday, can you reach out to me if your plans have
changed from what is in the spreadsheet? *Please do not in any way feel
obligated to attend for the sake of quorum,* but just give me a heads up if
you no longer plan to attend (or are coming after all).

One administrative point is that, as tower captain of the Advent Guild,
Austin will be in charge of any practices at Old North held by the Advent
Guild (and service ringing, assuming Phoebe as the Advent ringing master
defers that to him), but Austin is free to delegate running ringing as he
sees fit.

I generally agree with allowing practice for those willing to bear the
risks inherent with attending. It seems the main risks we introduce by
continuing ringing are contamination of the ropes and close proximity to
others. I’d love more thoughts from others about sanitation methods for the
ropes, but in general support the ideas discussed below (avoid attending if
at all under the weather/symptomatic, mainly stay on the same rope,
frequent use of hand sanitizer/washing hands, NO LICKING/SPITTING ON
HANDS!!!) Regrettably, this will likely affect our ability for teachers to
work with learners for the near future.

I suppose one other consideration with holding ringing is we increase the
number of potentially contagious people entering the ringing room, but this
mainly applies to Advent since our impact at Old North is relatively small
in comparison to their daily tours.

As Greg said, best practices are rapidly changing, and so please bring up
any further proposals or specific concerns.

Thanks,
John