Re: [m-hb] MIT Guild cancellation Fwd: Update: COVID-19 & Student Organizations

Hi, all.  In my opinion it would be prudent to follow the CDC
guidelines, but there is no need to go beyond them.  As I understand
them, these guidelines depend critically on whether or not there is
community spread, meaning people who are turning up sick with no
connection to any known case.  In that case it is probably appropriate
to cancel most events.  Otherwise CDC recommends only ordinary
precautions (handwashing etc.)  At the moment, Massachusetts has
community spread only in the Berkshires, so it seems that we can go on
with our lives here at least for now.

                                        Ken