Re: [m-hb] MIT Guild cancellation Fwd: Update: COVID-19 & Student Organizations

      I reached out to the change-ringers list about sanitizing ropes.
The general agreement is that one can't sensibly do it, but an interesting
fact I was given is that the virus can live less than three days on a
fabric surface, which I guess would include linen or wool. So from service
ringing to the next practice session, maybe the ropes will self-sanitize?
     Everyone suggested
hand hygiene, someone else mentioned my idea of sticking to one rope per
person.  I have decided to severely cut back my T usage , so I won't be at
practice, but would suggest that someone clean the tower doorknobs and the
handrails at Old North after the 11 AM tour . (Dale - are they still
running tours?) and that everybody do the full hand wash before heading up
to the ringing room.  I left a new roll of paper towels on the shelf above
the toilet last week.  Each person should dry with a fresh paper towel
instead of everybody sharing the same cloth hand towel (or using one's
clothing).  I also put a new box of tissues in the ON ringing room, and
would hope that people would sanitize after tissue use or inadvertent
face-touching. And stop sticking fingers in the Cornhusker's bottle ( I
may be the only one who does that ).

Laura Dickerson

PS as a contribution to the popular list of songs to sing while washing,
it seems that from rounds to back rounds is about the right duration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxcyXE0TIBQ
although my favorite currently is Gloria Gaynor singing I will survive
while washing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqP5NRXf8g