noon at Old North on July 4th

    At service ringing yesterday, we discussed the fact that this July 4th will be the 40th anniversary of the first quarter peal in tower for the MIT guild, and tossed around the idea of a commemorative quarter.  I emailed some of the people in the original band.  Thus far we have one "can't come" and two yeses (including Bela, representing her mother). A quarter attempt will take the place of open ringing during that time slot. Other ringers interested in ringing in the attempt, please let me know.

Laura Dickerson