Re: Stedmonster

We could also try ringing Double Stedman Minor:
http://www.vismeth.co.uk/methview2.php?P=36.14.x.36.14.36-14&T=Unrung+minor+Method&S=minor&R=Unrung

This method is constructed by ringing the Stedman front work on the
front three and its mirror image on the back three (so the whole turns
and half turns are in 5-6 instead of 1-2). The quick and slow sizes
are offset so that the treble is always the quick bell, which allows
the treble to plain hunt the entire time. All the other bells
alternate between doing the slow work on the front and the slow work
on the back. The front starts like Stedman and the back starts in the
middle of a slow six. I'm not sure how to put calls in. 2nd and 6th
place bobs both work nicely, and so do 1234 or 1456 for a single (1236
and 1256 also work for lead ends). Since it is a double method, it
should be possible to ring with half-lead calls too.

James