possibly useful for ear training

The 12 bell striking competition was last Saturday. The complete results are online at
http://www.turningcourse.com/tb/cgi-bin/results.cgi?year=2008&venue=lincoln
If you click to hear an MP3, it opens in a new window (or at least it does for me), so it is possible to listen while reading the judges' comments. Clearly, ringing surprise maximus isn't something that happens around here, but there are relevant features. In the comments for 1st place Birmingham, there is this bit: "they pulled off in perfect rounds hand and back." That's one of our local goals, and it's good to note that it is still a goal at the top levels of ringing worldwide.
Laura Dickerson