Re: model bell

Shades of Liss...  If we do the flat bell, at a minimum, I suggest
making the bell portion of sheet brass, mostly for apperances sake.
For a 3d bell, a flowerpot wouldn't be that evil, but I bet we could
find a small metal bell without too much anguish.  With a reasonable
clapper, and some actual ball bearings from a skateboard, or vacuum
cleaner, we might even get it to be ringable.

The problem with trying to acutally ring most model bells, is the
bearings.  (that demo bell looks like it just has wood rubbing on a
bolt sticking thru it for example).

I do think any model should include a stay and slider, it really helps
explain how the bells function when actually rung. They aren't a huge
probem to add.