Re: model bell

Hi Laura-

I'm glad they'd like to show a bit more about ringing. Making a flower pot ring sounds like a fun project, but for the purpose of explaining to tourists, I think it's better to have the stays and sliders. The miniature bells I've seen in DC and at the Advent don't seem to swing right, making them good for demonstrating how a bell is hung but less good for showing how it moves when rung. The model Kerry suggested might not cost much more than making something, and seems like it would do the job and take up less space. On the other hand, if you want to make a whole flower pot ring for fun at ringers' parties... :)

-Hat