RE: haircuts

I bought a set of clippers that I use on the boys and on DH. Currently the boys both have grade 6 all over. It's practical, it's easy, it doesn't get in the way. They LOVE having their hair cut- whenever they see the clippers they want me to cut it. DH says it feels nice but as I've never had my hair short enough for clippers I don't know!!

I knew a young boy (about 8) once whose mother had never cut his hair. He was very worried about it because he knew everyone thought he was a girl. This kid wanted his cut but his mother wouldn't let him. I think all of us would let the child choose when they are old enough to do so, so it's only little kids that we're talking about here but to be honest, I think 'practical' is the biggest consideration- what's the point of looking cute if you are forever annoyed by it?!

I also love long hair on men. My first boyfriend had gorgeous long curly hair...sigh... Part of the reason I'm keeping the boys' hair short however is that DH has VERY thick VERY curly hair that just ends up afro-like if it isn't kept short, and while J+C still have fairly straight hair for now, it's getting very thick and I'm worried that they too will look like some dodgy seventies pop group if I let it get long.

Just my 2 cents.

Susan in England :)

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger