Re: [apmultiples] Re: the lap dance AND a take on my parenting books

   From: "kkerkgrom" <kkerkgrom aol com>
   Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:20:55 -0000

   Don't know if all that young testosterone influences or what... I
   stood up a lot when my twin sons were toddlers...

I think there is very little explanatory value in attributing children's
behavior to their sex.  While there may be statistically significant
differences that one can observe with a large study, I think
individual variation is much greater than variation between the
sexes.  Thus it is much more accurate to say that the boys above acted
the way they did because of their own personalities then because of
testosterone.

In our case, Jocelyn is slightly more likely than Perry to engage in
this sort of behavior.

                                Ken

P.S. I sent this message to both nonsexist-parenting and apmultiples,
so if you are on both lists you got it twice.  I suggest that further
discussion should go only to nonsexist-parenting, so that we don't
need to continue with everyone getting two copies.  If you're not on
that list and would like to be, go to
https://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/nonsexist-parenting