From: Judy Anderson [mailto:yduj CS Stanford EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 8:09 AM
To: nonsexist-parenting cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Haircuts

So we've never cut Jocelyn or Perry's hair.  It's starting to get in
their eyes.  Brushing it back doesn't last for longer than 10 seconds,
and it's not long enough to tuck behind their ears.  I'm all
conflicted about cutting their hair, mostly because I love long hair
on both men and women.  Are we just going to end up with a
"traditional boy haircut" for Perry?  If not, are people going to
confuse him with a girl?  Am I (or is he) going to be upset with this?

We have some friends who have a boy, now 8, and they never cut his
hair, and everyone did confuse him with a girl for a long time.
Interestingly, though, now that he's old enough to choose, he has
chosen to keep his hair long in the back (I'm talking butt-length
here) and short in the front.

If we do decide to cut their hair, how do we get them to sit still?

   Judy Anderson yclept yduJ                'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
   yduJ cs stanford edu      http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~yduj
   Jocelyn & Perry 7/21/02  http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/~kdo/children/