Re: "Do you know what you're going to get?"

   From: "Bell, Beth (M. Elizabeth)" <Beth Bell astrazeneca com>
   Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:42:29 -0500

   I'm guilty of this too.

I don't think there's anything wrong with caring whether you have a
son or daughter.  My complaint is that people treat these
possibilities as utterly unrelated instead of two different kinds of
person.

I have two older sisters and no brothers.  When my mother was pregnant
with me she informed everyone that she "just knew" that I would be a
girl, but she made the entire thing up.  She and especially my
grandfather wanted a boy, and she didn't want everyone to be
disappointed if it didn't turn out that way.

                        Ken