From: Valerie White [mailto:valerie forevermail com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 4:17 PM
To: apmultiples yahoogroups com
Subject: Re: [apmultiples] Re: gender stereotypes

At 02:35 PM 1/12/04, you wrote:

> >It's funny that so people are against pink for the girls, but I've
> >yet to hear someone with a boy say she/he doesn't dress him in blue.
>
>Well, I'll chime in for you to say that I avoid sports, motorcycle and
>other "boy" themed clothing for my oldest, a boy, and now that he is
older
>(almost 7) work hard to find clothes that are in bright colors and
>interesting designs, rather than the sea of khaki, dark green, and dark
>blue which seems to be what boys are expected to wear.

We took a picture of Perry in a pink all-in-one at eight weeks and
posted
it on our website and boy did we catch it from Judy's mother!  Seemingly

she was sure we had condemned him to a lifetime of being light in his
loafers.

It's an interesting question whether there are things we would limit to
one
or another of the twins.  Yes, Jocelyn has some ruffled onesies that we
wouldn't put on Perry, but I don't think there is anything we wouldn't
put
on Jocelyn.  Mostly, we try very hard to keep the wardrobe unisex so
that
either baby can wear anything in the drawer.  (The ruffled onesies were
gift from guess who--Judy's mother.)  We also have generally avoided
"boy
stuff" like fake baseball uniforms, football jerseys, etc.  Both of them

wear dinosaurs, trains, trucks, elephants, geckos, pooh bear, penguins,
polar bears, etc.

Valerie

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." -
Alexander Woollcott, American Author

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*         To visit your group on the web, go to: