Re: [apmultiples] gender issues

That's a good point.  I have only boys, and they're not too interested in clothes as long as they fit and are comfortable.  One of the three is just now showing interest in choosing his own clothes to wear, the other 2 want me to pick.  I can't imagine that I'll go to letting them choose what to purchase for wear as I have to clearance and thrift store shop so the risks are high that they'd want pricy stuff.  Although they can and do help with clearance and thrift store shopping.

Jenny

Anyway, I feel that if we place a huge importance on girls *not* being
in frilly dresses or nurturing roles, we are just buying into what
patriarchy tells us about what counts. We think that it is important
*not* to be interested in clothes and that it is a problem for people to
look out for each other. I feel that our choices are really quite
radically feminist -- we believe in people before things, and that's not
what is going on out there!

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links