Re: [apmultiples] another rant from Valerie

My two year old identical boy twins are very different in this area as well.
Luke is more into the dolls and playing house, he loves pink frilly stuff,
like to wear my shoes etc.. While Cade loves to play basketball (for hours)! They
both are drawn like magnets to hot wheels and they have all their sisters
toys. They do love the dolls house which I am so glad I kept. Mine also wear
their dolls in sling (I made them each one, real easy) and they try to nurse their
babies, how cute!  I do have friends that are very gender biased. How do you
deal with family and friends that condemn a boy that plays with dolls? I am
not sure how to handle that. Another issue we have is that my inlaws noticeably
favor the boys over my girls. On visits the girls just leave the room it is so
clear who they want to see. I am not sure how to deal with that. it is hard
for my 7 year old especially since she is always with me when everyone is goo
gooing over the boys. We were stopped 7 times on the way into Walmart one time!
While they are well meaning it does get a little time consuming to stop and
talk to everyone that has to comment how my hands are full!
Thanks for the vent, any suggestions?
Tina

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links