[IPTA-cs] Meeting #11: October 27, 2022 at 3 pm UTC

Dear All,

[Please note the question in boldface below.]

After a long break, we will finally have our next IPTA DR2 cosmic-string meeting this week: on Thursday, October 27th at 3 pm UTC. Apologies for the long silence from my side. The start of the winter term and several other things have kept me very busy during the last few weeks.

We will meet in this Zoom room:

https://cern.zoom.us/j/67293164400?pwd=djZkQVN2ZUtiWWpDbzd3djJ5TkNKUT09

and use the following Google slide deck:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/160PbYoXk14PtASl94Di_lWTqrfBlR742iB2UnRnVZLw/edit?usp=sharing

Things we could / should talk about include:

- Final collection of runs

- Optimal  number of frequency bins

- Writing the paper

In addition, Stanislav Babak told me that his student could give a short presentation in our next meeting on their common work on searching for cosmic strings in the most recent EPTA data. Who would be interested in hearing more about this EPTA search? In the case of sufficient interest, I will contact Stas and ask him and his student to join our next meeting.

Looking forward to our meeting!
Best regards, Kai.