Re: [IPTA-cs] Meeting #11: October 27, 2022 at 3 pm UTC

I would be happy to hear briefly from Babak's student about what they're
doing.  Since they are apparently working with Daniele Steer they may
bea using a different string loop density that has a large increase at
small scales.  This density is physically impossible, because of energy
conservation.  See https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.09373.

But I don't went to get involved in a(nother) fight on the subject.  If
someone knows Babak and would like to talk to him about it, that might
be useful, but let's not use our time in the meeting for this.

On a different subject, we are approaching the time when European
countries set their clocks back a week before the U.S. and Canada.
Let's not get confused about meeting times.  Is the plan to hold
meetings after this at 17:00 CET = 16:00 GMT?  This is
noon EDT = 9am PDT next week, but 11am EST = 8am PST after that, if
I haven't got confused myself.

                                        Ken