Re: (ET) New thing I learned about lift motors

On 20 Jun 2024 at 12:25, Christopher Zach via Elec-trak wrote:

> may need to take this to the motor/alternator shop to be rewound. Wonder
> how much that will cost

Back in the days of road EV conversions running forklift motors, I used to
hear of hobbyists having those motors rewound, usually after abusing them
on the dragstrip.

However, I've never had much luck taking smaller motors to motor shops.
They were focused on industrial motors and wouldn't even look at my mower
motors.

I did have success with auto electrics shops.  That was just bearings and
brushes, never rewinding, though it's probably worth a try.  It may be
expensive.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA