(ET) New thing I learned about lift motors

So after getting the tiller fixed I figured it was a good time to check my lift motor stock. I have a bunch of them most good but figured I'd see what's wrong with this bad one.

Pulled it apart, took off the brush system (brushes are getting low I need to start sourcing spares) but unfortunately the armature is shorted to ground. One of the windings must have gone, it happens.

So I tossed the armature, reached into my box for a spare and found something fascinating:

Lift motors come in two sizes.

There is a model of Buick window motor that is about 1 inch longer in the shaft and armature (including the stator) than others. I'm going to have to dig to see if I have a "long" shaft, but this could explain a difference in overall lift power.

Anyone else noticed this? If I can't find another long motor armature I may need to take this to the motor/alternator shop to be rewound. Wonder how much that will cost (I assume they can take off the old wire, measure it, and put new wire on?)