(ET) Lift wiring

I'm installing a nicely refurbished lift in my I-5, whose original lift
had been replaced with a 12vdc winch, crudely welded onto the front bumper.

To some still unknown extent the original lift wiring may have been
removed.  That is wires red 17, red 18, yellow 19, and blue 51.  Looking
at my E15 for comparison:

Wire 17 runs from fuse #3 (30 amp slow-blow) to the lift switch.

Wires 18 and 19 run from the lift switch to the lift motor.

Wire 51 runs from the lift motor to the rear B3 battery (to give 18 volts).

Looking at the lift switch, all 3 wires appear to be small gauge (16?
18?), "protected" by that 30 amp fuse).

Question 1: are the wires really that small?

Question 2: how are the wires routed between the switch and the motor?

Question 3: how are the wires routed between the motor and the battery?

Question 4: to replace that wiring, is it necessary to remove some
batteries?

Question 5: would the lift motor be "happy" running on 12v (plow and
mower)?

Thanks in advance for any and all info!

Larry Chace  E-15 and I-5