(ET) Through!

Well, I've managed to get the brake pedal shaft out. Turna out being slightly off center is a good thing, once you get to the edge it can free up. Here's what I did:

Start with a small hole, close to the center. Use a drill with a slow turning speed, go in enough that you get through the bushing hole in the frame, you do not need to go all the way through.

Then start increasing the bit size 1/64 at a time. Go to the depth you did at the pilot hole. I used Milwaukee metal drilling bits, once again on speed slow with a Ryobi hand drill with two geared speeds. Slow, but steady.

Every once in awhile wham away on the inside mount to see if it's moving. Once you hit the edge that should allow it to collapse and move. I should have stopped at 5/16th inch bit, but I went up to 3/4 and probably hit the inside of the bushing (as I was drilling at a slight down angle. Oh well, happens.

Once it starts to turn use your punch (make sure it's smaller than the hole so it doesn't get stuck, break off, and make you cry) and tap it out.

Picture of the darn thing here.

https://i.imgur.com/hHFFVci.jpg

Technically I would just need a new shaft, I'll see if I can get one or get a new part from Harold. What a pain.

On install I plan to grease the hell out of it. it's a pain, but I'll eventually have a working brake. Who knows maybe I'll cut off the broken switch and replace that too....

Ch