Re: (ET) Does anyone have the E-15 and E-20 traction motors electrical specs ? + 48V UPS

An important point I forgot to mention is that I also wanted to try 48V (since the Curtis 1266A can run at 36or 48V), and doing that to the field could damage the winding.

But running field at only 36 (to protect it)  while armature at 48 could damage / overspeed the motor.

One reason I wanted to try 48V is that I have a 3KVA UPS that requires 48V, and the Elec-trak pack could add sizeable amp hours of storage available in emergency.

A friend in Buffalo NY recently lost power for 3 days. Any longer and pipes would have frozen.

By my calculations the pack in the Elec-trak could run the house furnace for an hour - maybe 15 minutes every 2 hours, to keep house above freezing.

Also thinking about  PV Solar panels. & it might be nice to have all components at same voltage.

John