Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:34:08 -0500
From: john <johnreinhard rochester rr com>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Does anyone have the E-15 and E-20 traction motors
        electrical specs ? Planning Sepex conversion

Hi all,

I am planning to install a Curtis 1266A SepEx controller into an E-15.

 From what I have read, I need the motor specs which describe Armature
current versus field current, to define and program in a field map.

When I searched Google for this, a long ago (2004) discussion popped up
where Steve Richardson @ Alltrax asked for same thing to program into
their controller being designed for the Elec-Trak.

They DID get a reply from Mike Wallace in KY.

Someone also asked that these specs get posted more publicly, but if
that happened, I did not find them.

Does anyone have this motor info? ?

[Also, anyone have any idea what the parts are inside the custom
labelled TO-220? devices inside a Curtis 1266A ?? I have a shorted one
(TO-220), and the marked number does not pop up on Google.? I assume it
is a 100 Volt (min) High Current FET.? All the gates get fed through 10
ohm resistors. (the one feeding shorted TO-220 is blown open). The dual
transistor that feeds resistor also blown, and the Half bridge driver
that fed that.? But, the CPU still talks to the programmer, So I thought
it might be worth a try to fix it.? My current plan is reprogram the
controller to limit amps by 1/6th lower than original 275A max, and
remove matching labelled device on the other side of the half-bridge
circuit. I ohmed out the power circuit board and drew the schematic. But
the logic board has 10x the traces & devices. & I don't really need the
whole thing (and I don't have a month of personal energy to reverse
engineer it), just the circuit from that half bridge driver out to the
power devices. What I really need is a Curtis 1266A service / repair
manual. But, I might be successful without that... or else generate a
bunch more smoke ...? Either way, I still the the E-15 motor electrical
specs]

John