Re: (ET) 30 volts?

Definitely worth a try. Depending on the condition of the other 5 batteries, the voltage may sag a little too low and some of the relays have troubles pulling in, but the worst that happens is it just doesn't go.

Another Plan B if you have a 12-volt car battery around, you could swap that in for the bad battery and its neighbor. Car batteries aren't meant for deep cycling, but 50' into the garage and then recharging is no different then cranking the car engine on a cold day (I think you have those in Ithaca :-)