Re: (ET) 30 volts?

Sure, why not? What's the worst that could happen?

On 2/7/2022 9:55 AM, Larry Chace wrote:
While snowthrowing yesterday with the I-5, it suddenly stopped. Operating the main power switch did nothing; the gauges showed nothing. A quick look in the rear battery compartment verified that one of the 10-year-old Crown batteries had a melted terminal.  The stud was completely disconnected.

We pushed it downhill but didn't get it into the garage.  Just to move it the last 50 feet, would it be acceptable to effectively replace the dead battery with a jumper wire (6 ga)?  I *think* the I-5 (late model) would run on 30 volts, at least enough to get it under cover.

Plan B would be replacement of all of the batteries...

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Larry Chace, Ithaca, NY  E15 and I-5