Re: (ET) E-20 Rebuild w/Electronic Controller Kit

I'd like to help, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not too well acquainted
with lithium batteries.  I have some, and use them, but they're all
relatively small ones, and I got them as complete pre-built packages.

There's a lot of power and energy in those little cells, and I'm not quite
ready to get up close and personal with them yet.  Maybe someday.

That said, I notice on the EV list that these days most folks who use
lithium batteries in conversion road EVs seldom use the Chinese LiFePO4s
that were common 12-15 years ago, such as CALB.

Now they go for either used or new/surplus modules from production EVs.
Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt modules have been popular for a while.  Bolt
modules are coming on.  I've started to see a few folks talking about
Tesla
stuff too.

If you're interested in checking out what people are saying about lithium
on the EV list, you can search the archive here:

http://evdl.org/archive/

If you want to subscribe:

http://evdl.org/sub/

Full disclosure: I manage the EV list, but I don't get any kind of
benefit,
financial or otherwise, from it, or from people joining or using it.  On
the contrary, it costs me something to keep going, though not a lot.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA