Re: (ET) New here, E15 and E12

Thank you Jim! I'll tear into it this weekend and inspect everything.

Chris

On Monday, September 27, 2021, 03:40:46 PM CDT, Jim Coate <lists freerangeelectric com> wrote:

Drop of oil probably won't hurt, but not likely to help...

If you remove the timer unit from the plastic plate (ie remove knob and
nut underneath), you will see 2 small screws on the top of the timer
body. Remove those and carefully lift off the cover and you'll see that
a small gear from the motor underneath turns a larger gear with a cog
that activates the switch contacts. So that drop of oil would just go to
the shaft for that larger gear... if there is a failure, more likely
within the motor below.

Your previous comment about the timer just spontaneously starting to
work makes me think more of a loose wire or dirty connection.

--
Jim Coate
www.FreeRangeElectric.com