(ET) New here, E15 and E12

Hello folks, I just joined the list yesterday. I joined the GE Elec-trak universe just a few weeks ago with the purchase of an E15 and an E12S.

The E15 has good batteries but needed a little TLC to get moving. I've learned alot reading the archives here and elsewhere.

I have everything solved but card #1. There is a unijunction transistor labeled 103 above the yellow capacitor closest to the resistor bank card.

It has a broken leg. I'd like to solder in a replacement but I can't read any part numbers on mine due to oxidation. I'm hesitant to clip the transistor off to get a better look because it is my guide to installing the new one.

Can anyone identify that transistor for me? I've looked in the service manual PDF but can't find any specs.

I played with the FW relay last night and when I press the contacts together I get FWD speeds 4-7 which would be useful.

Once everything is working, I want to tear it down for paint. Maybe powdercoat it over the winter.

As for the E12S. I really like the E15. I think rather than let the E12S sit there I might restore it too. We have a pretty big patch of grass and it would be nice to have two mowers to halve the mow time.

The E12 is missing a few things that were robbed by the previous owner to keep the E15 going. I've robbed the traction motor circuit breaker myself.

Then I could sell my 1994 Cub Cadet. it is a great mower but it is noisy like all mowers and I've tired of the exhaust when there is an exhaust free alternative with these old GEs.

Thanks,

Chris in Tennessee