Re: (ET) Which way do the blades go?

I usually forestall that problem by sharpening only one blade at a time.
The one time that I didn't do so, I just checked the rotation direction
with one blade mounted.

If you have an assistant you can probably watch as he'she shuts off the
deck, but the blades stop fast.  BE CAREFUL, those blades love the taste
of
human flesh.

I didn't have an assistant handy so I defeated the dynamic braking.  Did
this on the Avco R36 rider - I don't know whether you could defeat the
dynamic braking the same way on a normal tractor, and I'm too lazy to look
at the circuit diagram at the moment. :-\

Had the work light shining under the deck already.  Turned on the mower
(chock wheels, trans in neutral, weight on seat, CAREFUL).  Then I stopped
the mower motor by opening its breaker so the dynamic braking wouldn't
happen, and peeked under the deck in time to watch the blade coast down
and
stop.

Then I shut everything down, unbolted the blade, and turned it over so its
business edge led the charge.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA