Re: (ET) ER8-36 differential

On 27 Apr 2021 at 10:24, JOHN J CASEY via Elec-trak wrote:

> Grab it.  For the full frame ET´s Peerless no longer makes parts for
> the 2717 and  2718 trannies, likely the same for the ER8.

Thanks for the advice.  That's not surprising, given that these tractors
are around 50 years old.

I did email Mike off-list.  I hope he received it.

Mike, if you didn't get my mail, you can find my email address here:

http://evdl.org/help/index.html#supt

I haven't yet heard back from Jim Coate, but I understand that he's busy.

I'm pretty ignorant on this, but I think that the main difference among the
various models of Peerless 100 differentials is the axle lengths.  So while
I'd rather find a direct ER8 diff replacement, if that doesn't happen, I
wonder if it might be possible to salvage the gears & guts from a different
Peerless 100 model to repair this one.

I also read of folks getting their busted garden tractor differentials
welded, but that sounds kind of awkward for the nice tight turns these
machines are normally good at.

Other ideas welcome.

Thanks again.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA