Re: (ET) First parts to go NLA--Motor spacers

Ok, I'm going to pick up a set from Jim then see what it would take to mold replacements. As long as there is stock use the factory stuff, but when that's gone... As I like to say:

"It ain't gonna fix itself."

Having this problem now with IRobot Scooba stuff (need to rebuild the pumps by hand) and that was discontinued 5 years ago.

On 9/21/2020 11:28 PM, jlantonucci comcast net wrote:
Molded JB weld sounds like a great idea.  Or maybe machined Derlin.

/Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device/

------ Original message------
*From: *Chris Zach via Elec-trak
*Date: *Mon, Sep 21, 2020 10:26 PM
*To: *Elec-trak list;
*Cc: *
*Subject:*(ET) First parts to go NLA--Motor spacers

This isn't good. The two square spacers on my E15 motor have crumbled and harold has not been able to source replacements. I figured this time would eventually come and it's time to start figuring outreplacements.Fi <http://replacements.Fi>rst thought I tried was rubber hose and electrical tape. Seems like a good idea but the first time the motor loads up the heat will melt the rubber/plastic and make a mess. Need a high tempsolution.An <http://solution.An>yone got any other ideas? Personally I may try making a mold and building a pair of cubes of JB Weld, then drilling the centers. JB can handle muffler temperatures (500f) so it should be able to handle a motor. Any other ideas?C_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailinglistElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhtt <mailto: listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhtt>ps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak <http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak>