Re: (ET) First parts to go NLA--Motor spacers

Molded JB weld sounds like a great idea.  Or maybe machined Derlin.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
From: Chris Zach via Elec-trak
Date: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 10:26 PM
To: Elec-trak list;
Subject:(ET) First parts to go NLA--Motor spacers

This isn't good. The two square spacers on my E15 motor have crumbled and harold has not been able to source replacements. I figured this time would eventually come and it's time to start figuring out replacements.First thought I tried was rubber hose and electrical tape. Seems like a good idea but the first time the motor loads up the heat will melt the rubber/plastic and make a mess. Need a high temp solution.Anyone got any other ideas? Personally I may try making a mold and building a pair of cubes of JB Weld, then drilling the centers. JB can handle muffler temperatures (500f) so it should be able to handle a motor. Any other ideas?C_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailing listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhttps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak