(ET) Now it's the steering

So after getting the motor all fixed, transmission all lubed it's time to blow some leaves. And I notice the steering is skipping a lot.

Of course.

Simple fix, go under the tractor, remove the cotter pin holding the steering washers to the sector shaft, replace a washer or two, and you're fine. Except of course the cotter pin is frozen in place.

Of course.

So after breaking it I have to drive out the wreckage. Not enough room under the tractor to do this, so I proceed to take out the sector shaft. Remove the pulley bearing, remove the linkages to the front wheels, and the shaft can't come off because it hits the tractor frame beam before you have clearance.

Of.... whatever.

So I start to remove the sector gear mounting bolts. Two of them, and you have to get inside the tractor to hold the nut while turning the bolts. One did come off, but the other is on the right side of the tractor and any socket I put in there is blocked by the right side contactors.

Question: Is it possible to remove the sector shaft and gear from the tractor so I can drive out that rusted pin, or does one have to also drive out the pin on the sector gear holding *it* to the shaft? If so it might be easier for me to cut the shaft in half with my cutting tools, drive out the rusted pin, and weld in a new shaft or something.....

Mouse, cookie.