Re: (ET) Drilling stab holes....

I believe the manual called for drilling a hole similar to what you did.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

------ Original message------
From: Chris Zach
Date: Sun, Nov 24, 2019 2:09 PM
To: Elec-trak list;
Subject:(ET) Drilling stab holes....

Today I noticed that the blower was basically being pulled out of the stabs on the back and hanging on the tow tongue. It's designed to pull the cart through a linkage at the bottom, but can't seem to stay in the tractor.So I detached the cart, parked it on the driveway, used a jack to lift the bottom of the blower bracket up, aligned it so it was in the stab slots all the way, then drilled two 1/4 inch holes through the mower frame and stab, and put in a pair of U pins to hold the blower to the tractor.Much better, but I was wondering: What was GE thinking when they built this stuff? There's nothing holding anything into the stabs other than friction, did they just assume that would be enough?_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailing listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhttps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak