Still, not a big problem. The hole is aft of the hitch mount point and the all-important rear transmission mounts so the amount of stress on that point is pretty much nil.

I will probably drill holes for my extra battery pack, it would never fall out but it could move around a bit. Don't need it for the rear lift, as that's going up and down and doesn't come out with the tiller back there.

Works better now, another 80 cubic feet of leaves picked up. This thing will allow me to finally retire my Craftsman 15hp 25 year old tractor. Times move on...

On 11/24/2019 3:11 PM, jlantonucci comcast net wrote:
I believe the manual called for drilling a hole similar to what you did.

/Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device/

------ Original message------
*From: *Chris Zach
*Date: *Sun, Nov 24, 2019 2:09 PM
*To: *Elec-trak list;
*Cc: *
*Subject:*(ET) Drilling stab holes....

Today I noticed that the blower was basically being pulled out of the stabs on the back and hanging on the tow tongue. It's designed to pull the cart through a linkage at the bottom, but can't seem to stay in thetractor.So <http://tractor.So> I detached the cart, parked it on the driveway, used a jack to lift the bottom of the blower bracket up, aligned it so it was in the stab slots all the way, then drilled two 1/4 inch holes through the mower frame and stab, and put in a pair of U pins to hold the blower to thetractor.Mu <http://tractor.Mu>ch better, but I was wondering: What was GE thinking when they built this stuff? There's nothing holding anything into the stabs other than friction, did they just assume that would be enough?_______________________________________________Elec-trak mailinglistElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhtt <mailto: listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhtt>ps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak <http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak>