(ET) Drilling stab holes....

Today I noticed that the blower was basically being pulled out of the stabs on the back and hanging on the tow tongue. It's designed to pull the cart through a linkage at the bottom, but can't seem to stay in the tractor.

So I detached the cart, parked it on the driveway, used a jack to lift the bottom of the blower bracket up, aligned it so it was in the stab slots all the way, then drilled two 1/4 inch holes through the mower frame and stab, and put in a pair of U pins to hold the blower to the tractor.

Much better, but I was wondering: What was GE thinking when they built this stuff? There's nothing holding anything into the stabs other than friction, did they just assume that would be enough?