(ET) Bearing job, magnet reglue, I hate hubs

Ok, so I went out and spent $50 bucks at harbor freight for a bearing puller. Nice enough set, use the big puller for these bearings and not the small one.

First I practiced on an old motor shaft. Rear bearing is simple to remove, tapping on the new one with a socket just a bit smaller than the inside race got it on with no problems.

I could not remove the blade hub from the bottom: Putting bolts in the hole all the way simply results in the bolts collapsing with the puller. Heat didn't help, so I gave up for now. Maybe I need a tungsten rod or something like that but the forces here are simply insane.

Next up was the real motor shaft. Back bearing came off pretty easily but the front one was another matter. First the bearing exploded: It broke apart and the outer race cracked. So much for that. Getting the inner ring off took heat, pressure, and whacking away at the puller with a hammer but finally it started to move and came off. I cleaned up the shaft, used the old inner race as my spacer with some 3/4 washers and a 21mm socket to tap on the new bearing (once again only pressure was on the inner race) and I think I drove it on a tiny bit too far. Will see what that does to the motor alignment.

Next job was to fix the magnet. Before I started gluing I noticed that it was impossible to really hold the magnet in place because it pushed away from the other magnet in line with it, and it always wanted to smack into the magnet on the other side. So after a moment of though I got some 1/2 playwood, and started making jigs.

First I cut a strip a bit wider than the normal separation amount of the magnets. Then I used the grinder to make a perfect snug fit so the wood would just go down the side. Then I did the other side, now I have a set of guides for the new magnet.

But even that is not enough as the magnet pushes away from its neighbor. So I made a second spacer that went across the inside diameter of the motor magnets. Just barely fits. Now I'm ready: I cured up some JB weld, covered a good bit of the magnet face and the inside metal face, put in my two side jigs, put in the magnet (I marked it, also it's easy to see the side that butted the other magnet as it's pretty clean), then drove in the center spacer, made sure everything was as aligned as I could, and am leaving it for a couple of hours to cure.

Hopefully this works. If so I'll assemble it and give it a try on a small 12 supply. Should spin right up.

Next I am going to need some sort of end seal, as I didn't see one on this motor, and something's got to keep junk from getting in there. I am using sealed bearings this time as opposed to the stock open ones with metal shields, we'll see what happens.

Any other ideas on getting these hubs off, or should I just cut them lengthwise with my cutting wheel?