(ET) Clicking contactor and blown Controls fuse - Early model E15

Well, I made the rookie mistake of shifting from F to R too quickly which I have done many times since 1981. This time I lost drive power, blew the controls fuze and entered clicky contactor world. Thinking it was probably time amyway, I replaced both relays, checked both boards for fried stuff (nothing obvious) put in a new fuze and hoped. Rembering my old boss's admonition that hope is not a method, I was disappointed but not surprised that the problem/symptoms, including blown fuse, remained. Any thoughts regarding the likely failure(s) that I should investigate? Any and all help would be appreciated as I'm not sure how many more 1.5 acre hand mows I have in me here in a very rainy Vt Spring.
Thanks,
Bob Mc