(ET) Lockwashers (was: Disconnect maintenance on BB600 Elec-trak)

   From: "David Roden" <etpost drmm net>
   Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:24:53 -0500

   Smart EV folks use lock washers on bolted connections.  I'll use split
   washers in a pinch, but my preference is for either Bellville (dished)
   washers or wave washers.

Fascinating.  The split ones always seemed the most secure to me,
because in addition to the spring force, the sharp end of the split
looks like it will keep the nut from turning.  Why do you find the
others better?

                                        Ken