Re: (ET) 12 v marine batteries

It'll work.  You'll have to run the lift on 24 volts, but I've been doing
that for years.  (I use six 12v gel batteries in series-parallel in my
E15.)

Because the pack's kwh capacity will be less than half, each use of the
tractor will discharge your pack more than twice as deeply (in terms of
percentage) than it would if you were using golf car batteries.  Thus you
will use more of the batteries' cycle life per tractor use.  To make it
worse, even without that extra stress, rated cycle life for marine
batteries
is already about half that of golf car batteries.

Bottom line: you'll pay less up front, but more in the long term.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA