Re: (ET) Front lift strap keeps breaking

The strap path looks clean and I don't think it would be a factor in where the last strap broke.

The old strap was pretty short, and wasn't near filling the take-up drum. The new strap is a bit thicker, but cut to length based on the first in hopes of avoiding that issue. Goes under the roller on the lift motor assembly.

The roller on the blower is turning freely under finger pressure (no strap), and appears to be turning with the strap now that the replacement is on.

It is possible I have had the lift switch on longer than truly appropriate at times, but not at the time it broke.

Springs are on and are under tension even when the blower is raised.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

I have had the machine out for few minutes since the new strap is on (chewing on snowbanks), and all appears well. Now we see how long the 3000 pound rated strap holds up.

Darryl